Friday, November 1, 2013

A Fall Day in the Ozarks

Beautiful earth tones, bronze, orange, yellow, rust, the evergreens, as their name implies, adding green and the occasional splash of a bright red; that was the view on an early morning drive to Lake Taneycomo. A perfect start to a day on the water with friends from home. Meeting up with Marty and Jim by what use to be called the Rocking Chair Hole. Of course with the storms of the last few years, the only hole(s) seem to be the ones in front of and behind the large rocks that where put in the water to trip unsuspecting waders.  So far I've avoided that, but I have a feeling my day will come.

I'd love to report that the fishing was great. Although we all caught fish, in general it was slow.  I did have a few times when I had takes on two or three consecutive casts.  The fish were a decent size, probably only one keeper and he was in the under 12 inch class. Some of the fish had good color, too bad I'd left my camera at home and my phone in the truck. I know that I don't have to say this for my friends...soft hackles with a g-bug dropper.  Most of the first fish were on the dropper and then later, most on the soft hackle, so go figure.

As Jim said, it was a beautiful day to be on the water and then we caught fish to make it even better. To top it off we went to Dana's and were met by Cheri and Jan for a nice lunch.  Good to see friends from home and get to fish with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment